Friday, April 8, 2011

The Theme Cont.

As I sit in the library, I find it difficult to narrow down my research. I have a plethora of resources, ranging from books in the library to scholarly journals online. That being said, I still feel my research is incomplete as of today. I realize that one can never have too many sources, but that surely does not make me feel any better.

One thing that might help others who feel their research has become repetitive is to leave out their main topic. For example, all of my early research has contained : "global warming". Now, since my "why" question relates to the media's influence on global warming, I have decided to only search: "media influence". I think if you are having trouble finding new evidence, try varying your search terms.

1 comment:

  1. Henry,
    I'm having similar problems. Because of his contributions to the automobile industry, it's hard to find an article that isn't on Henry Ford. I have also been using your advice to find articles that are on divergent topics from my main question. However, I think that we all need to realize that at a certain point we will have to stop researching, even if we feel unfinished. It could be we find out that we are ready.

    ReplyDelete