Sunday, June 5, 2011

Final Meta-Post

It's hard to believe that the school year is coming to a close. This year, I have produced many a blog post, and it is really cool to see my progress as a writer and a blogger. More importantly, I believe that my ability to connect what goes on in the classroom to American culture is much stronger than it was at the beginning of the year.

Particularly, I feel that my post organization has bettered throughout the year. I usually have so many thoughts running through my head that I just type everything I am thinking without showing empathy for my reader. My latest blog posts have been considerably more organized and broken up from point to point so that readers of my blog have a chance to take in everything I write and make a meaningful response. One thing that I would like to have done more was to reply to the comments made on my posts. I think that blogs are meaningless without enough communication from both the reader and the writer.


I personally think that my post titled, Class Markers in the US, was my strongest post this quarter because I was able to connect a classroom discussion to a personal experience better than any other post I made.

As for my future as a blogger, my American Studies experience has lead me in a good direction and I hope that I will continue to grow as a blogger!

1 comment:

  1. Great overview and honesty, Henry. I wish had used specific posts to explain how your writing changed when you said, "My latest blog posts have been considerably more organized and broken up from point to point".

    ReplyDelete